We offer more than 110 activities weekly. Staff provide specialized social, emotional, intellectual and cultural programs that engage residents with various interests.
Our team focuses on residents’ strengths to involve them in developing programs promoting quality of life and well-being.
Many of our residents lead their own programs in areas in which they have expertise, such as theatre, yoga, drawing, lecture programs.
Some programs are developed in collaboration with and based on science of the Rotman Research Institute, a premier international centre for the study of human brain function at Baycrest. One such program is Learning the Ropes, which provides memory enhancement strategies.
Some of our programs:
- Poetry group
- Creative Arts
- Book Clubs
- Drum Circle
- Volunteering opportunities such as lecturing, greenhouse co-ordinator, librarian, and office admin, and more
- Discussion groups
- Musical/Drama groups
- Ryerson University Learning Academy
- Pet Therapy
- Intergenerational groups including working with the children at the daycare centre next door, and several elementary and secondary schools in the area
TERRACES MONTHLY PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Plan your month at a glance. This easy-to-read schedule lays out the entire month with:
- Daily activities Monday through Sunday
- Special Events planned for the month
Baycrest staff are wonderful.
They encourage and allow residents to engage in activities they love. For instance, I teach yoga to interested staff each Friday and I have been given space to do my sculpting out of clay — soon these sculptures will be fired in the kiln. The opportunities to keep active are endless.